Monday, February 17, 2014

The New Reality by Stephen Martino


Stephen Martino has written a fast paced science fiction thriller. I love Stephen’s creativity and imagination as he weaves a web of intrigue and wonder. Interspersed with comedy and emotion, it’s a great ride that I could easily see being made into a movie.

While the characters seem a little weak at first, they soon bloom into interesting people you will either hate or love. The Alex Pella character is a little vague. I still don’t have a good feel for him even at the end of the book, only that he is a good guy and a bit mysterious. Since this is an Alex Pella series, I would expect that he would be deeper as revealed in future stories.

While the book is completely a work of fiction, it still relies on historically accurate facts, of which Mr. Martino has done a wonderful job of researching. I love books that make me want to look things up. Sometimes I would expect this fact or that to be made up and after research I would find it to be true in many cases.

The story starts in the future in the year 2080. We see a world that is the result of world economies and policies we are living in today.  Human experimentation, DNA engineering and the backlash that is inevitable create a sickness that threatens the extinction of the human race. Only one man holds the key to a cure. The problem lies in finding the key and what it means.
The story that combines a Millerite, Bible codes, John the apostle, historic locations, and the future you can see evolving from our current world economy and situations, has to be woven in a fluid manner. Stephen Martino is successful in all the transitions this requires. This book is a good edge of your seat page turner! I highly recommend it.

An advance copy of the book was supplied to me in return for a review.

No comments: